Party Wall Notice Harlow




Are you planning to undertake building work on your Harlow home? Do you need to cut into, modify, increase or decrease an interior or exterior wall shared with your Harlow neighbour. Or perhaps you are planning to excavate close to the party wall within your Harlow property?

If so, it is likely that, as long as the work is more than cosmetic, the project will need to adhere to the Party Wall Act.  The first step is to issue a Party Wall Notice to your Harlow neighbour letting them know the details of what you propose to do to your shared wall and when you are planning to do it. Your Harlow neighbour then has the right to consent to this Party Wall Notice or dissent.

You will need to ensure your adjoining Harlow neighbour receives the Party Wall Notice at least one or two months ahead of the work starting (depending on the type of work you are planning).

You can issue a Party Wall Notice without the help of a professional through detailed research.  But if you simply want to get on with the work, and if you don’t really know what you should be putting in the notice, it is advisable to get the help of a Party Wall Surveyor.

The input of a Party Wall Surveyor can be cost effective, ensuring that no mistakes are made in the drafting a Party Wall Notice that will cost you or your Harlow development later down the line.  Call Party Wall Surveyor Paul Brettell on 07815 051255 today.

Herts Office

Phone: 01438 798 870
Mobile: 07815 051 255



Jordan Brettell Limited
Clibbons Cottage
85 Bramfield Road
Datchworth, Hertfordshire

Herts: 01438 798870
            07815 051255



Follow Us


© Copyright 2019 - Jordan Brettell Ltd - Party Wall Surveyors - All Rights Reserved

Show Areas Covered