The Party Wall Act of 1996 is all about ensuring that you have the agreement of the owner of your adjoining Welwyn Garden City property before going ahead with building work that will impact your shared internal or external wall.
What type of work to the party wall in your Welwyn Garden City property would the Party Wall Act cover?
- Rebuilding and repairing your external, shared wall
- Lowering or raising your external wall
- Removing a chimney breast in your Welwyn Garden City home would be covered under the Party Wall Act
- When planning a loft conversion or an extension to your Welwyn Garden City home you would have to follow The Party Wall Act
- Inserting beams or injecting damp proofing within a shared party wall
- The Party Wall Act also covers work being done to the shared floor or ceiling of a Welwyn Garden City flat.
The above are common examples of work that you may wish to carry out on your Welwyn Garden City property that would likely bring into play the Party Wall Act.
It is not an exhaustible list and it is advisable that if you are considering any significant work to a shared internal or external wall you discuss the matter with a Party Wall Surveyor.
Jordan Brettell is a firm of Party Surveyors that was set up in 1998 to work specifically on matters pertaining to The Party Wall Act. Call Paul Brettell today on 07815 051255 to discuss your Welwyn Garden City project today.
Jordan Brettell Limited
85 Bramfield Road
Herts: 01438 798870
London: 0208 05 85 080
07932 213 866
© Copyright 2019 - Jordan Brettell Ltd - Party Wall Surveyors - All Rights Reserved