Party Wall Act Crouch End




Here is our very brief guide to your responsibilities as a Crouch End property owner undertaking work to a party wall, as set out by the Party Wall Act:

Step One
Find out if the building work you are planning to your Crouch End home or property falls under the legislation of the Party Wall Act.

Step Two
Notify your adjoining Crouch End neighbours about the work you are planning to do to the shared party wall by serving them with an official Party Wall Notice.  You will need to give at least one or two months’ notice, as set out by the Party Wall Act, depending on the type of work it is.

Step Three
According to the Party Wall Act, if your neighbouring Crouch End property owner does not give written consent within 14 days you must appoint one or two Party Wall Surveyors to draft a Party Wall Agreement.

Step Four
The building work can proceed once a Party Wall Agreement has been signed by both your Crouch End neighbour and yourself.

Whatever step in the process you are at, the Party Wall Surveyors at Jordan Brettell are happy to talk through the detail of the Party Wall Act with you. Get in touch by calling 07815 051255.

Herts Office

Phone: 01438 798 870
Mobile: 07815 051 255



Jordan Brettell Limited
Clibbons Cottage
85 Bramfield Road
Datchworth, Hertfordshire

Herts: 01438 798870
            07815 051255



Follow Us


© Copyright 2019 - Jordan Brettell Ltd - Party Wall Surveyors - All Rights Reserved

Show Areas Covered