Jordan Brettell has many years of experience helping property owners in the Leyton area work through the implications of the Party Wall Act.
Here are some pointers to speed up your research into the Party Wall Act, in relation to the plans you have for your Leyton property.
- The aim of the Party Wall Act is to protect the rights of you and your Leyton neighbour as you carry out building work to a party wall.
- The Party Wall Act specifies that you need to give the owner of your adjoining Leyton property formal notice (known as a Party Wall Notice) of your plans to start building work on your shared internal or external wall.
- The Party Wall Act allows that if your Leyton neighbour gives their written consent to this Party Wall Notice within 14 days work can begin.
- The Party Wall Act calls for a Party Wall Surveyor to be appointed in order to draft a Party Wall Agreement in the event that your adjoining Leyton neighbour chooses not to give their immediate consent.
- The Party Wall Agreement will lay out the terms for the work to proceed and once it has been signed by all the parties involved work can go ahead on your Leyton property.
Call us for expert, professional advice on the Party Wall Act on 07815 051255.