Party Wall Agreement Crouch End




Certain building projects carried out on Crouch End properties are subject to The Party Wall etc. Act 1996.

The Party Wall Act may require you and the owner of your adjoining Crouch End property to sign a Party Wall Agreement prior to your building project going ahead.

It is likely that a Party Wall Agreement will be needed if you are planning to significantly modify an internal or external wall within your Crouch End home or commercial property that is shared with a neighbour.  These shared walls are referred to as party walls.

If you have the written consent of your neighbouring Crouch End property owner received within 14 days of an official Party Wall Notice being served, you will NOT be required to draft a Party Wall Agreement.

If the work you are planning to carry out on the party wall is superficial, for example replastering or putting up shelving you will not require a Party Wall Agreement.

We can advise you on the need for a Party Wall Agreement as you begin your Crouch End development. Please contact us on 07815 051255 so we can talk you through your responsibilities pertaining to the Party Wall Act.

Herts Office

Phone: 01438 798 870
Mobile: 07815 051 255



Jordan Brettell Limited
Clibbons Cottage
85 Bramfield Road
Datchworth, Hertfordshire

Herts: 01438 798870
            07815 051255



Follow Us


© Copyright 2019 - Jordan Brettell Ltd - Party Wall Surveyors - All Rights Reserved

Show Areas Covered