Party Wall Agreement Stoke Newington

 If you have landed on this page, the question you may be asking is: do I need a Party Wall Agreement for the work I am doing to my Stoke Newington property?  And if so, how do I go about getting one?

Well, if the work you are planning to undertake to your Stoke Newington property involves cutting into, modifying, increasing or reducing a wall shared with your neighbour, then it is likely that you will need to adhere to the obligations of the Party Wall Act and you may well need a Party Wall Agreement.

The need for a Party Wall Agreement depends on how your Stoke Newington neighbour responds to the Party Wall Notice.  Issuing a Party Wall Notice is the first step in the process.  This formal letter informs your adjoining Stoke Newington property owner that you are planning to do the work, what exactly it is and when it will begin.

If your Stoke Newington neighbour then fails to give written consent for the work, as is their right, you will have to appoint a Party Wall Surveyor to prepare a Party Wall Agreement.

The Party Wall Agreement is a binding document which aims to protects the rights of both you and your Stoke Newington neighbour in the development, ensuring no false claims can be made and no real claims denied.

To advise you in detail on the need for a Party Wall Agreement for your Stoke Newington development speak to Jordan Brettell on 07815 051255.

Herts Office

Phone: 01438 798 870
Mobile: 07815 051 255



Jordan Brettell Limited
Clibbons Cottage
85 Bramfield Road
Datchworth, Hertfordshire

Herts: 01438 798870
            07815 051255



Follow Us


© Copyright 2019 - Jordan Brettell Ltd - Party Wall Surveyors - All Rights Reserved

Show Areas Covered