Party Wall Agreement Camden

The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 sets out legal responsibilities on Camden property owners planning to undertake certain types of building work to a party wall within their home or commercial building.

One of these legal responsibilities is to appoint a Party Wall Surveyor to draft a Party Wall Agreement. This Party Wall Agreement must be signed by yourself and your adjoining Camden property owner before any structural modifications can begin on an internal or external shared wall.

There are some circumstances in which work to a shared wall within your Camden property can start without a Party Wall Agreement in place.

One of these instances is if you are undertaking work that is considered superficial, such as replastering the shared wall of your Camden property, inserting power sockets or putting up shelves.  This minor work can go ahead without the need for a Party Wall Agreement.

Also if after sending your Camden neighbour a Party Wall Notice you receive written consent within 14 days, then the work can go ahead without the need for a Party Wall Agreement.

Jordan Brettell has many years of experience putting together Party Wall Agreements for property owners within boroughs such as Camden. For a free initial discussion about your Camden building project please give Paul Brettell a ring on 07815 051255.

Herts Office

Phone: 01438 798 870
Mobile: 07815 051 255



Jordan Brettell Limited
Clibbons Cottage
85 Bramfield Road
Datchworth, Hertfordshire

Herts: 01438 798870
            07815 051255



Follow Us


© Copyright 2019 - Jordan Brettell Ltd - Party Wall Surveyors - All Rights Reserved

Show Areas Covered