Party Wall Act Enfield

The first question most Enfield property owners have when they first hear about the Party Wall Act is:

  1. Is the building work I am planning to do to my Enfield property covered under the Party Wall Act?

The Party Wall Act doesn’t apply to any cosmetic work you may be doing to a wall shared by you and your Enfield neighbour.  So you can get on with minor jobs such as putting in electrical sockets or putting up shelves or kitchen units in your Enfield property unhindered by the Party Wall Act.

Other more significant work to your Enfield property will be covered by the Party Wall Act including increasing the height of a shared wall in your garden, making changes to a shared wall for an extension or loft conversion, or inserting weather proofing or demolishing a chimney breast.

The second question most Enfield property owners have when they determine that the Party Wall Act does apply to their planned development is:

  1. What do I have to do next?

You are required, by the Party Wall Act to let your Enfield neighbour know about your planned building work by serving them with a Party Wall Notice.

If you would like further answers including confirmation that your proposed work is covered by the Party Wall Act or how to draft a Party Wall Notice please don’t hesitate to contact Jordan Brettell.  We are experienced, professional Party Wall Surveyors and we are very happy to have an initial free conversation.  Call 07815 051255.

Herts Office

Phone: 01438 798 870
Mobile: 07815 051 255



Jordan Brettell Limited
Clibbons Cottage
85 Bramfield Road
Datchworth, Hertfordshire

Herts: 01438 798870
            07815 051255



Follow Us


© Copyright 2019 - Jordan Brettell Ltd - Party Wall Surveyors - All Rights Reserved

Show Areas Covered